3 Days in Rome | 24th Birthday

05 October

I'm sure that I am not the only one that stresses when it comes to planning their birthday. Every year I  say to myself that I want to do something different, always trying to do something other than a 'birthday dinner'.  So this year I decided that I wanted to go away, somewhere that I haven't been to before. Therefore, I thought a trip to Italy would be quite nice considering that I was travelling with my bestfriend and neither one of us had been before so it's something we could experience together. I wasn't too sure exactly what city I wanted to visit but it was either out of Milan, Venice or Rome. After some research and speaking to people who have been to those cities before I figured Rome would be the best choice.

I chose Rome because for one, I thought it would be cool to go to the capital city on my first visit. Influenced by art, architecture and lots of culture seemed like a nice place for a short break away. Rome also had the best weather and obviously I wanted a little bit of sunshine whilst exploring.


Day 1 consisted of exploring the city. We were in a pretty central location which was good and all the main attractions where no more than 10-15 mins away from us. I didn't really expect it to be so busy at this time of year but there were still so many tourists it was unreal. Whenever I travel to Europe I always use their public transport because it's just so cheap and easy to get around so we got day passes for 7 euros which was pretty handy. Travel cards ready, our first stop was the Spanish Steps with the Trinità dei Monti church at the top, most definitely a hot spot when in Rome.






Walking along the cobbled streets we came to the Pantheon which is a former Roman temple. This took us ages to find as we were just about getting used to understanding how to use their transport system (by Day 2 we were pros lol). By the time we actually arrived it was closed so unfortunately we couldn't see what it looked like inside but nevertheless it was quite a sight from the outside.



Day 2 was my Birthday we visited the famous Colosseum in the centre of the city. Famous for being the largest amphitheatre ever built. As well as taking a quick trip to the Vatican City (considered to be the smallest country in the world) where we visited St Peter's Basilica and the Sistine chapel which were both very beautiful landmarks.



Birthday dinner was amazing! The owner of the restaurant was so sweet, once he knew it was my birthday he came out with glasses of champagne and some yummy deserts! 







Go-Karting was pretty sick and It's always been something I wanted to do. We had a bit of a mare as the first place we went to took over an hour to get there and when we finally did arrive it was closed so that was a little frustrating. However, when I want to do something I always make it happen so we found another and I ended up having a really good time.







After a three day trip to the beautiful city of Rome I arrived back in London, to an evening of rain and wind! </3

On Friday 29th I was surprised with an evening at the theatre to watch The Lion King. Anyone who knows me knows how long i've wanted to watch this but just haven't found the time to actually make it happen. I must say it absolutely lived up to my expectations and it was amazing! Definitely a must see if you do get a chance.



Please take a moment to admire my beautiful roses <3



Here is to #24 May this year be full of success, opportunities, good health and happiness!

You Might Also Like

2 comments