10 Hours in Brussels

24 May


Brussels for the day, £55 return... who could say no?

This post is a little overdue but I still wanted to share my day trip experience with you all. 
A couple of years ago I spent 10 hours in Paris and since then I have always loved the thought of just jetting off for the day. Eurostar tends to be pretty expensive so when I came across this deal I instantly bought two tickets. Since the travel date was about a week after my mums birthday I thought it would be nice to take her along with me as an additional surprise. 

The Eurostar journey was pretty smooth and it only took about 2 hours from London St Pancras to Brussles Midi. I slept for most of the journey as I knew we would be having quite a fun filled day and I wanted to have as much energy as possible.

Just so we weren't walking around aimlessly I semi-planned the day the night before so we knew where the main attractions were.As we were only there for 10 hours I wanted to make sure we saw as much as we could.
When we arrived to Brussels Midi station we picked up a map and saw that most of the places on our list were in close proximity of eachother which was great. 

The sun was beaming and the sky was blue, perfect weather for a day trip.
Our first stop was the beautiful Grand Palace, a huge city square surrounded by historic buildings often known as the central square of Brussels. We went on to see the Manneken Pis a somewhat iconic fountain with a statute of small bronze boy who often wheres various costumes.
We stopped off for a bit of lunch in a busy market place, full of tourists and locals. Surrounded by plenty of scenery and street music it was a lovely chill spot to eat some food and to have a cocktail or two.

We then went on and continued to explore, visiting Mont des Arts, a stunning public garden offering one of Brussels finest views Cathedral of Saint Michael and Saint Gudula and 

The Royal Galleries Saint-Hubert home to many luxury boutiques , watchmakers , chocolatiers and restaurants of all kinds.  Our final stop was the Atomium an iconic steel sculpture built in the 1950's. There are a few exhibitions held inside aswell to keep you entertained.  However, it was quite far from the city centre so I would recommend visiting this place first as we didn't get to spend much time there.


A beautiful city, well known for tasty chocolates, waffles & beer, I highly recommend visiting if you get a chance. 

Prefer to get on Hop-On Hop-Off bus tour? There are two different routes that stop at all the main attractions in the city https://bit.ly/2IKfzan 

Eurostar currently has loads of journeys starting from £29 one way so it's worth checking out: https://www.eurostar.com/uk-en/trains 

Take Care until next time
x














You Might Also Like

0 comments